*This position has been filled.
Preservation Alliance of WV is seeking an AmeriCorps VISTA to begin immediately in assisting with organizational development, educational outreach, and program development. Preservation Alliance of WV is the statewide, grassroots organization for the Mountain State, in addition to being the Preserve WV AmeriCorps program administrator and statewide partner for the National Trust for Historic Preservation.
VISTA oversight is provided through the National Coal Heritage Area Authority VISTA program. Applicant should be self-directed and have degree or background in public history, public administration, marketing, or related field. For more information about VISTA http://www.americorps.gov/for_individuals/choose/vista.asp For information about Preservation Alliance of WV, visit www.pawv.org.
VISTA will serve at the Darden House in Elkins, West Virginia, and the position is for one year and is available to start immediately with renewal possibility for one term. For the right person, multiple terms as VISTA could possibly transition to a staff position, if development efforts are successful. Responsibilities will include:
- Research the benefits of historic preservation funding and programs and develop educational outreach materials
- Build organizational capacity for Preservation Alliance of WV by assisting with fundraising efforts, event planning, and program development, as outlined in our 2013 Strategic Plan
- Offer, promote, and organize educational workshops about economic incentives, resources, and programs for historic preservation economic development in at least four targeted low-income communities across the state and develop free web resources related to educational programming
- Develop and manage the At-Risk Allies and Buildings At Risk Register
- Assist with membership outreach
- Plan and organize workshops and fundraising events
- Work directly with at least four organizations in low-income communities on fundraising, program development, or organizational capacity
- Provide technical and review assistance for the submission of grant applications and tax credit applications for preservation projects
- Coordinate and organize volunteers
Application will consist of resume and cover letter expressing why you think you are right for this position. You will also submit an AmeriCorps VISTA application to the National Coal Heritage Area. Applications will be reviewed as received and will be accepted until position is filled. Materials can be delivered in any one of these ways:
• Emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred)
• Mailed to Preservation Alliance of WV, 421 Davis Ave. #3, Elkins, WV 26241